If you own a home of any type, you need to have a certain amount of home owner’s insurance coverage. This is also true if you own a mobile home. In some states, it is important to make sure that you have total coverage, such as Alabama and other states that are known to have severe weather patterns. If you live in Alabama and have a mobile home, you will need to have Alabama mobile home insurance, which will cover a variety of things, including:
- Replacement costs – If your mobile home and adjacent structures, including sheds, fences, garages and even trees are destroyed by fire or severe weather, you will have the funds available to replace everything through your Alabama mobile home insurance.
- Personal property protection – Most of your personal possessions will be covered by your Alabama mobile home insurance, including furniture, clothing, appliances and more. Some high-end items are not covered by a regular policy, and you will need to purchase additional coverage for them. These items can include, but are not limited to photography equipment, electronics, musical instruments, jewelry and furs.
- Flood Insurance – If you live in an area where there is high water or frequent flooding, you will be required to have flood insurance, which will probably be included in your policy. You may be required to purchase additional coverage if you are not in a high-flood area.
- Moving Insurance – If you need to move your mobile home, you can purchase one-time coverage that will pay for any damages that are a result of the move. This coverage usually is good for 30 days.
- Liability coverage – Accidents can happen, and if they happen to someone while they are on your property, and the accident could have been prevented (such as falling on a broken step) you could be sued. Your Alabama mobile home insurance will include coverage if anything like this should happen.
Even though your insurance agent may not want to inform you about discounts, you can find many ways to save money on your Alabama mobile home insurance. For instance, if you are able to maintain an excellent credit rating, you can get a discount on your insurance premiums. Here are some more money-saving tips to keep in mind when you are shopping for Alabama mobile home insurance:
- Don’t keep switching insurers – The longer you do business with any company, including insurance companies, the better deals you are going to get. Many insurance companies offer loyalty discounts to customers who have been with them for three years or longer. The longer you are insured by the same company, the higher the discounts could be.
- Switch if you can get better deals – While it is good to stick with the same insurer, it may be that you are paying too much and you can get better rates from a different insurance company. Even if you already have Alabama mobile home insurance, you can still get quotes to see if other insurers are offering better deals. If you are paying too much, you can always switch to a different insurer.
- Have one insurer for all of your policies – In addition to Alabama mobile home insurance, you probably also have auto insurance and life insurance. Many insurance companies will offer discounts to customers who choose to let them handle all of their insurance needs.
- Don’t get more coverage than you really need – Many unscrupulous insurers will try to sell you products you don’t need. If you have done your research before you start to shop around, you will know exactly what you need and you won’t get sucked in by a fast sales pitch, which tends to happen a lot of the time.
Get Your Free Insurance Quotes Today
One of the best ways to save money on Alabama mobile home insurance is to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal. After all, every insurance company is different, and they are not all going to have the same products and services at the same prices. You can get quotes from insurance companies for free, and the more quotes you have, the better able you will be to make the right decision about your Alabama mobile home insurance.
Get online today and give us your zip code. We will search our data bases to get quotes from national and local insurers so you can make sure that you are going to get the absolute best rates on the coverage you need.