Buying Mobile Home Insurance California – Tips for Good Coverage
FREE Mobile Home Insurance Comparison
Compare quotes from the top home insurance companies and save!
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
The Top Reason for Buying Mobile Home Insurance California
When you consider the cost of buying a home of any kind in the state of California, insurance becomes even more important for obvious reasons. California is not only a large state but has a high concentration of people as well. The average mobile home cost in the state is more than $59,000, while the average cost of the same mobile home in Los Angeles County is even higher, listed at more than $89,000.
The Types of Mobile Home Insurance California
There are two major types of mobile home insurance to choose from; not knowing the difference between these two can save you money on your premium but can cost you in the long run especially in the event of a loss.
- Actual value insurance is typically a lower cost policy. However, in the event of a loss, the insurance coverage will only cover the current market value of the mobile home, not the cost to replace it. That could leave you with a substantial gap between the amount you are being given and the amount you actually need.
- Replacement coverage covers the cost of replacing your mobile home, regardless of the current value. These policies might be slightly higher than other types, but are certainly worth it in the event of a loss.
Remember, if you have a loan or mortgage on your mobile home, you might be required to carry coverage that will actually pay off the loan itself and still allow you enough money to find a new place to live.
Choosing a Deductible for Mobile Home Insurance California
Like other types of insurance coverage, mobile home insurance carries a deductible. In California, there are several standard levels of deductible, which may impact the cost of the premium. To help determine the best deductible for you:
- Choose the highest deductible you can bear, which will lower the cost of your premium considerably. However, keep in mind that if you have a loss, you have to pay the deductible before the insurance will cover those losses.
- Choosing a slightly lower deductible will raise the insurance premium slightly but may make it easier if there is a loss.
Some of the Hazards in California
Insurance is important all across the nation, however, there are some additional hazards that you might face in the state that makes insurance even more necessary. Here are some of the major problems that you might face in the Golden State:
- Tornado activity in some areas of California is below the national average, but still remains a threat here.
- Earthquake activity in the state is more than three thousand times higher than anywhere else in the US.
- Other issues include wildfires and landslides.
Liability and Insurance Coverage
In addition to protecting your home and belongings, insurance should cover others who might become injured on your property. Insurance may cover the costs of their medical care and other expenses.
Criminal Acts and Vandalism and the Need for Mobile Home Insurance California
In addition to acts of nature, there are other acts that may cause serious damage to your mobile home. Thefts, vandalism and other crimes can leave your mobile home damaged beyond repair. Some cities in California are higher crime areas than the national average.
Getting Quotes for Mobile Home Insurance California
Before buying insurance, it is important to shop for the best rates, including the highest level of coverage and the many discounts for which you should qualified. When you compare costs:
- Get several quotes from agencies-online and off.
- Choose several levels of insurance coverage before making a final decision.
- Look at the different costs by changing the deductible amount.
- Ask for the discounts that you might be eligible for including your payment methods and how you choose to receive bills. Those choices can make a major difference in the cost of your insurance.
The more discounts that you can get, the lower your insurance can become without reducing the coverage that you get. You should always try to get enough coverage to protect your family, your personal belongings and your assets as much as possible.