Best Reasons to Get Mobile Home Park Insurance
FREE Mobile Home Insurance Comparison
Compare quotes from the top home insurance companies and save!
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
- Coverage for the home itself. If something should happen to the mobile home you are living in, especially while in a park, you will have damage or destruction covered. Of course, what type of damage or destruction is where it can get tricky. You will have to check with your own policy carrier to find out exactly what is included.
- You may also have protection for adjacent structures. For example, if you get mobile home park insurance coverage and your home catches fire which also ignites a storage building you keep on your lot this may also be covered. You may also want a policy that covers neighboring mobile homes. Living in a park is unique to other types of living situations because there is of course a risk of damaging someone else’s mobile home in the event of a fire, for example.
- If you get certain types of coverage, you may also have all or some of your personal belongings covered in the event of a claim. This is important so you can replace items like furniture or even clothing within your mobile home. Too many people do not think about this until they have an incident and are left with nothing. You could quite honestly lose everything you own and then where would you be if you did not have mobile home park insurance.
- You should also have coverage for anything that could potentially happen on your property even if you are only renting your lot in a mobile home park. Like homeowner’s insurance, you want to make sure you or visitors are covered in the event of an accident resulting in injury that happens on your lot. This could be a friend visiting or a paid worker cutting trees. Whatever the case do not leave yourself open to lawsuits leading to expenses you would have to pay out of your own pocket. In fact, for many having just the type of liability insurance is enough but having it in the first place is very important.
The main thing is determining what your mobile home park insurance should cover. Policies can vary depending on the carrier of course, but think about what types of things you want covered as you get ready to compare quotes. If you already have mobile home insurance you should find out if your policy covers these things too.
- Damage or destruction caused by fire. In addition, does your policy cover your home if a fire is started off your property or at another mobile home within the park.
- Damage or destruction from storms and natural disasters. This is especially important for things like floods. Of course, mobile home parks are also prone to having a great deal of damage in the event of a tornado. For this reason, it can be more challenging to find a policy that will cover this for an affordable rate especially if you live in an area that is a higher risk for tornadoes. IT does not however have to be impossible or unaffordable. When you compare quotes just check if the different carriers do or do not include this.
- Also check to see if your mobile home insurance policy currently covers what could be deemed an Act of God. These events are also things that some insurance carriers do not cover. You may be assuming you presently have these types of things covered only to find out this is not the case. Ask your current provider and ask other companies as you get your quotes.
- Even having insurance for mobile homes that covers damage from vandalism or riots is important to have. Just as you would want to protect a standard home against certain things, making sure your mobile home is also covered in the event any of these things should happen is equally important.
Other Things to Consider
If you actually intend to move your mobile home make sure you find out about coverage for this with your mobile home park insurance. Park insurance can be different because it is for a mobile home that is parked and not intended to be moved. If you plan to move it make sure you have it covered before taking it on the road. You may also want protection against:
- Potential theft or burglary – Like vandalism if someone should cause damage to your home in a break in attempt you want to know you have it covered. If someone does break in you will also want those items repaired or replaced.
- Landslides or falling objects – While it may not seem very likely, that is part of the importance of insurance coverage. If you have something like this happen but do not have insurance, how else will you be able to have protection? If mobile home is damaged from something like a landslide or falling objects you can be protected or pay out of pocket.
- Water damage – Aside from flooding you could have damage from a busted pipe. The interior of your home could be ruined and need to be repaired or replaced. Not to mention you may have many personal belongings you need to replace, especially electronics. Unless you have the money saved to pay for and replace these items it would be a good idea to have them insured.
Ready to get your own policy or find out how your current one compares? By entering just your zip code, you will be on your way to getting rates from competing companies for your mobile home park insurance coverage.