Mobile Home Insurance and Home Owner’s Insurance: What’s the Difference?
FREE Mobile Home Insurance Comparison
Compare quotes from the top home insurance companies and save!
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Your Mobile Home Insurance Coverage Includes…
When you have insurance for your mobile home, you are protected against a number of things. For example, if there is a storm, and your mobile home has severe damages, your costs will be covered, up to the limits set in your policy. Unfortunately, we hear too many stories about damages to mobile homes in storms, but thankfully, there is insurance that takes care of those damages. Mobile home insurance will also cover the contents of your home, even if they are on your person and not actually in the home. Some of the other costs that this type of insurance may cover include:
- Relocation expenses while the mobile home is being repaired after damages from severe weather, fire or natural disasters (this includes hotels/motels and meals)
- Replacement of your personal items, including clothing, jewelry, furniture, collectibles, and more
- If you move your mobile home, and there are damages as a result of the move, your mobile home insurance will cover expenses up to a certain limit
There are a number of things that you need to consider when getting mobile home insurance. Depending on where you live, you may want to make sure that you are protected from the following:
- Severe wind
- Water damage from broken or burst pipes
- Stains from paint, dye, shoe polish, etc.
- Damages caused by stray or wild animals
- Damage from ice or snow
It is also wise to purchase additional insurance coverage, because you just never know what can happen, and you need to make sure that you are prepared for anything. Some of the things that you will need additional coverage for include:
- Emergency removal services
- Emergency repair services
- Fire department services
- Additional living expenses after damages occur
- Damage to trees, shrubs, plants and lawns
- Debris removal following natural disasters
Types of Mobile Home Insurance
When you are shopping for mobile home insurance, you will find a variety of products available, such as:
- Named Peril or All Risk (Comprehensive) – Any perils or dangers listed on this policy, such as fires or storms, are covered. These policies are less expensive than others, but have more restrictions.
- Emergency Removal – If your damages are so severe that you end up having to remove your mobile home from the property, these expenses can be covered.
- Trip Collision – If you move from your mobile home to another location on a regular basis, you may be covered if there is an accident during your travels.
To get your free mobile home insurance quotes, enter in your zip code now.