Getting the Best from Mobile Home Insurance Rates
FREE Mobile Home Insurance Comparison
Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Oct 1, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance company and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about car insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything car insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by car insurance experts.
Although people rarely think of it, mobile home insurance rates are an important thing for many people to compare. Whether your home is going to be more stationary than mobile, it doesn’t matter. Either way you need protection for this investment. The bottom line is that since you will more than likely be parking your manufactured home on a nice lot and calling it home sweet home, than you will need protection that is similar to home owner’s insurance.
There are some things you will have to keep in mind when it comes to your policy, protection and coverage. For example:
- For your mobile home insurance rates, does this include your personal belongings as well? A great deal of expense after tragedy strikes is replacing household items like clothing or even appliances. Make sure the policy you get includes this if you want it included.
- Does you manufactured home insurance policy include attached structures like a carport, garage or porch? Many mobile homeowners assume this is included only to find out once they file a claim they are unfortunately wrong. Make sure you get your attached structures included if this is applicable to your situation.
- Are other buildings on your property also included in your mobile homeowners insurance? For instance, if you have a storage shed or gazebo you may want this to be covered as well. Don’t assume, ask about it. If it isn’t, inquire if your policy can cover this type of add-on for a little extra premium amount per month.
Other Considerations for Your Mobile Home Coverage
Keep in mind –it may be more challenging to get certain things covered, especially based on where you live. This is especially true for any type of insurance including standard homeowners. For instance, if you live in an area prone to tornadoes or floods it may be more expensive to get coverage, if possible at all. Make sure not to be surprised if when you give your zip code you find out your rates could be higher because of a higher chance of storms, natural disasters of Acts of God.
You can help save money on your mobile home insurance rates with several different tips. For instance:
- If you have other types of insurance with other providers like car insurance or motorcycle insurance, consider bundling them with one carrier and watch the prices for all of them drop.
- If you can pay annually or quarterly instead of monthly you will also see some great savings. Save up if you must, but when you get the quotes back and see how much this could save you it will prove to be worthwhile.
- Get your quotes from competing companies. Nothing can save you more money than actually taking the time to compare rates. The best thing is it is as easy as entering your zip code. Just provide us with this information and have the quotes brought to you. In no time, you will be saving with great mobile home insurance rates tailor made for you.