Getting the Best Rates from Mobile Home Insurance Companies
FREE Mobile Home Insurance Comparison
Compare quotes from the top home insurance companies and save!
Is there a Difference between Mobile, Manufactured and Modular Homes?
When it comes to mobile home insurance companies, there is no difference between mobile and manufactured homes. Basically, any mobile home built after June 15, 1976 is referred to as a manufactured home by the government and insurance companies. Your mobile home insurance will cover damages, whether your home is referred to as manufactured or mobile. A modular home is an entirely different thing, and it falls under the same category as regular home owner’s insurance.
Why Should You Have Mobile Home Insurance?
Any home owner needs to have a certain amount of insurance coverage, and this includes anyone who owns a mobile home. In fact, home owners are required by law to carry liability insurance coverage so if anyone is injured while on their property and they sue, there is money to pay for the damages. Another important reason to carry mobile home insurance is the simple fact that you pay a lot of money for the things you own, and if anything were to happen to them, you may not be able to afford to replace them. Your mobile home insurance will pay to replace many of your possessions, including furniture and clothing if they are stolen or destroyed.
What is Covered by Mobile Home Insurance?
When you have a complete mobile home insurance policy, you are covered for a variety of things. For example, if your mobile home or any adjacent structures are destroyed by fire or severe weather, you will have the funds available to repair or replace them. You may even have coverage if you need to move your mobile home to a new location, but you will probably need to have this as additional coverage. Other things that are covered by this insurance include:
- Personal Property – Most of your personal property will be covered by your mobile home insurance. Some exceptions are big-ticket items, such as fur coats, jewelry and art work. Your possessions are even covered while they are not in your home, such as when you are on vacation.
- Personal Liability Protection – This is coverage that kicks in if anyone is injured while on your property and the injury was due to negligence on your part and could have been prevented. This coverage will keep you from having to cough up a lot of money if you are sued for damages, including medical expenses.
Mobile Home Insurance FAQ’s
No matter how much you think you know about insurance, you probably have at least a few questions. Here are some answers to the questions many mobile home insurance companies get asked frequently:
- What is replacement cost? This is the cost to replace your mobile home and your possessions in the event that they are destroyed by an event that is covered in your policy. If you don’t have replacement cost included in your policy terms, you will only get the actual cash value for your possessions, and not the value at the time of purchase or what it would cost to replace them.
- What personal property is not covered? Your regular mobile home insurance policy will not cover such items as camera equipment, jewelry, coins, musical instruments, computers and other very valuable items. You will have to purchase additional insurance to protect these things.
- Are firearms covered? If you are a gun owner, your guns will be covered by your mobile home insurance, but not completely. Some guns are more valuable than others, or are put into different categories, and you may need to purchase additional coverage for these. It is best to ask your insurer and let them know what you have for firearms.
- Will I have flood insurance? Depending on the area where you live, you may or may not have flood insurance. If you live in an area where there is frequent flooding or risk of flooding, you may be required to carry this type of coverage.
- Do I have coverage while moving my mobile home? If you are moving your mobile home to a new location, the trip collision coverage in your policy will cover any damages that may occur during the move. You purchase this when you need it, and as a rule it is good for 30 days from the time of purchase.
- What if I only live in my mobile home during certain months? You can purchase seasonal mobile home insurance that will cover things like theft when you are not living in your mobile home.
Finding the Best Mobile Home Insurance Rates
Most mobile home insurance companies are going to offer different products and rates, so you need to shop around to see who is going to offer you what you need at the best price. Even if you currently have mobile home insurance, you can still take a look to see what others are offering, and you could end up switching insurers to save money. Getting quotes from insurers is easy, and we can make it even easier. All you have to do is give us your zip code, and we can get you quotes from mobile home insurance companies in your area, as well as from the national insurers.