The needs of homeowners can vary, and when it comes to mobile home insurance Florida homeowners have very specific requirements. At one time, this type of coverage was considered to be a luxury, and it was not something that all owners of manufactured homes bothered getting. With increasingly severe weather patterns and a higher frequency of hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, fires, mobile home insurance is now necessary, and every mobile home owner must have it. Even burglaries are increasing.
Mobile Home Insurance Coverage
Your mobile home insurance will cover many things that you may not be able to afford if you had to pay for them yourself. For instance, if your mobile home or other structures on your property such as detached garages or sheds have been damaged or destroyed by fire, storms, plumbing leaks or vandalism, it will be taken care of through structure coverage. When it comes to mobile home insurance Florida residents need to remember that it does not cover damage caused by flooding. Extra insurance coverage is needed for this. Your mobile home insurance will also cover the following:
- Personal Property Coverage – Most of the things you own, including furniture, clothing, electronics, sports equipment and more is covered in the event severe weather or other incidents mentioned in the policy. Coverage is usually limited for high-end items such as jewelry, furs, art, antiques, etc., and you will need additional coverage for these items.
- Additional Living Expenses Coverage – If you are unable to live in your home while it is being worked on, your insurance will pay for things such as hotels, meals at restaurants and additional living expenses up to a certain amount.
- Liability Coverage – Damages to personal property, doctor fees and other expenses are covered if someone is injured or their property is damaged while on your property. This includes damages that you or one of your family members may have caused.
- Trip Collision Coverage – If you are moving your structure to a different area, and it becomes damaged or even destroyed, your insurance will pay for repairs or replacement.
- Emergency Removal Coverage – If there is severe weather approaching, such as a hurricane, your insurance will pay to relocate the structure(s) so you will not be faced with the damages that could happen if you were to remain in the area.
- Loss Assessment Coverage – Any losses from your association have to be paid, and your portion will be covered by the mobile home insurance Florida residents must have.
Just because it is necessary to have mobile home insurance Florida residents don’t have to pay an arm and a leg for their coverage. Shop around for quotes from many different insurers and you will see that the coverage and rates vary from insurer to insurer. We can do the work for you. Provide us with your zip code, and we can get you quotes from many insurers in your area. If you don’t have the coverage you need, or you want to see if you can get a better rate on the coverage you currently have, get some quotes to see what the other insurers are offering.